flex-dev mailing list archives

From Ram Lee <ranbolee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Greate News! Flex 4.10 with AIR 3.8 running very smooth on iOS and Mac OS when "renderMode" set to "direct"
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 06:09:48 GMT
Thanks a lot for the notes and good to know that!

 I did try the direct renderMode on my retina Macbook and feel the performance improvement!

And I was wondering if there are some good performance test tools to make this improvement
more qualified? because what I do now is just resizing the app window to see if it renders
the diplay object faster and smoother.

Again, thanks a lot for the NEWS!

Ram Lee

在 2013-8-22,13:28,DarkStone <darkstone@163.com> 写道:

> Hi Ram,
>
> The major performance improvement is done by AIR 3.8 (not earlier AIR versions), and
the reason why Adobe didn't mention this is because they always have the lousy PR (Public
Relations), which hide the good news and spread the bad news, they should fire their PR managers
immediately.

> At the same time, Flex 4.10 fixed a lot of bugs, which improves the framework perfomance
as well.

> So with Flex 4.10 and AIR 3.8, you can really build mobile apps with it, and running
smooth on iPhone &amp; iPad &amp; Mac &amp; PC.

> Now, we can proudly say that Flex has become the best crossplatform application development
&amp; deployment solution on earth!

> DarkStone
> 2013-08-22
> At 2013-08-22 13:10:38,"Ram Lee" <ranboleelan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is this from AIR 3.8 or earlier versions? just searched the internet, wonder why
Adobe didn't mention such performance boost on the Apple devices?

>> 李楠
>>
>> 在 2013-8-22,12:23,Joel Tan <joeltan@cype.com.my> 写道:
>>
>>> Yes, I can feel the performance improvement as well on Flex mobile app!

4.10 & AIR 3.8 SDKs, and deploy them to iPhone & iPad & MacBook, they runnning
incrediblely smooth, like 2 to 3 times faster than before, nealy native app performance!

in the -app.xml file, this will boost performance on iOS and Mac OS, so everybody just keep
in mind of this.

devices, I'm very excited, finding that Apache Flex has a great future!

it's time to let the world know that Flex is still kicking and it is the best solution for
application (not game) development and deployment across all platforms.

of Flex Mobile Apps on iPhone & iPad will be great! I'm planning to submit my own demo
to the showcase when I got the time.

Flex Developers, here is the link:

more and more people to the Flex community!