flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hanging Indents in TLF Lists
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 08:26:51 GMT
Here is the JIRA:

While writing up the test app, I figured out a workaround as I described in the JIRA ticket.
I still think the behavior is wrong. I could probably write up another test case to illustrate
this further, but if you specify tab positions along the line, I think they will all be shifted
over. So I think this really needs to be fixed.

I'll be happy to work on this. I imagine the problem is probably BaseCompose, but I'm not
entirely sure. Following the composition flow in TLF is sometimes difficult. Any suggestions
where I should be looking would be very appreciated. Somewhere the negative textIndent value
is being added where it shouldn't, but finding it is gonna be fun… ;-)

On Aug 30, 2013, at 1:12 AM, Alex Harui wrote:

> Might be better described in jira with example.
> Sent via the PANTECH Discover, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.
> Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with hanging indents in TLF lists?
> My initial tests seem to indicate that they don't work correctly.
> Note the following:
> paragraph.paragraphStartIndent = 12;
> paragraph.textIndent = -12;
> Properly creates a hanging indent of 12 pixels.
> If the paragraph element has a value of 0 or greater, a bullet followed by a tab will
indent the text after the bullet to the fist tab character, but in this case, where the textIndent
is a negative value, the text following will be indented to a 24 pixels from the start of
the line. Rather than being lined up with the following line, the first line text will be
indented from the following line 12 pixels.
> In my case, the tab is specified as the afterContent. If I remove the afterContent, and
add a space and tab at the beginning of the first span in the paragraph, it looks correct.
> Clear as mud?
> Harbs

View raw message