flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Hanging Indents in TLF Lists
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 13:34:30 GMT
Does anyone have any experience with hanging indents in TLF lists?

My initial tests seem to indicate that they don't work correctly.

Note the following:
paragraph.paragraphStartIndent = 12;
paragraph.textIndent = -12;

Properly creates a hanging indent of 12 pixels.

If the paragraph element has a value of 0 or greater, a bullet followed by a tab will indent
the text after the bullet to the fist tab character, but in this case, where the textIndent
is a negative value, the text following will be indented to a 24 pixels from the start of
the line. Rather than being lined up with the following line, the first line text will be
indented from the following line 12 pixels.

In my case, the tab is specified as the afterContent. If I remove the afterContent, and add
a space and tab at the beginning of the first span in the paragraph, it looks correct.

Clear as mud?

Harbs