flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] A tutorial on how to fix bugs for the Flex SDK
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:56:27 GMT
Hi,

> I created a new project in FB. It uses the 4.10 SDK in the FB/sdks
> folder. In "project properties/Flex Build Path" on the "Source path"
> tab
Should be no need to do this it should pick up the source automatically.

For instance in the new SDK I just installed command clicking of a framework class takes you
right to the code.

If you want the SDK source tree to show up in FB just import it a a general project, that
way features like "link with editor' etc will work.

> I cmd click on 'Label' to get me into the Label source. I place a trace statement in
the constructor. I
> save, clean the project (just to be sure) and launch the project in
> debug mode... No trace statement shows up :-(
This is because you're not recompiled the spark project (assuming it was a spark label) you
need to run ant in frameworks/projects/spark via the command line or if you have the SDK in
a FB project you can right click on the build.xml and run as ant project - assuming you have
all the env vars set up in FB.

Thanks,
Justin