flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Flex 4.10.0 Release Status
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2013 04:23:18 GMT

On 7/26/13 5:54 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>> +1 to reverting the change.  There could be thirdparty components for
>> the source code may not be readily accessible.  This could be a big
>> problem.
>Not really there's is a  work around ie revert the change in the SDK and
>recompile. As everyone has access to the source code they  patch and
>recompile if needed for backwards compatibility. I think you have to be
>doing something a little odd for this to be an issue ie overriding an
>mx_internal method?
There may be confusion here.  The recommendation is to revert the addition
of removeItem to the Ilist interface.  The conversion of mx_internal
setSelectedIndex to public is a separate issue, and not a factor for this
release because we have always warned folks that overriding mx_internal
stuff was not guaranteed in future releases.

View raw message