flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject [FlexJS][FalconJX] Generic Expression DataBinding
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 21:42:31 GMT
Hi Folks,

I just checked in the changes required to get generic expression databinding to work.  That
means syntax like:

foo="{width + 10}"

It is probably fragile, but the basic plumbing is there.  I don't have any plans to do function
databinding or xml databinding at this time.  Most function databinding can probably be re-written
as an expression, and I have no clue how to do XML change notification on the JS side and
I think most folks will be using JSON over there anyway.

I don't know how we'll do binding in JSON object trees either, but I'm open to ideas.  I think
folks will have to use typed, bindable, data classes instead of JSON or XML if they want to
bind directly to data object property changes, but the list classes and renderers should still
work as long as the collection sends an update event.  We'll see as we add more functionality
in that area.

As always, feedback, questions, and contributions welcome.