flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [2/2] git commit: [flex-sdk] [refs/heads/develop] - support mxml.children-as-data mainstream SDK
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2013 23:20:39 GMT

On 7/6/13 3:14 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there any overhead for existing applications?
Just a test to see if the Falcon property is null or not.

>Are there there any tests?
The mustella tests pass using MXMLC which means that it "did no harm".
All kinds of things fail when you try to use Falcon, but I wanted to get
it in so as we start fixing Falcon we can test out the new codegen as well
as the old.

>How about some examples of how to use it.
It's all internal codegen and turned on when you set
-compiler.mxml.children-as-data when using Falcon.

>IMO It seems a rather large change to be committed to the SDK without any
>discussion or explanation.
Yeah, I should have sent out a heads up.  But 4.10 won't be using any of
its code paths so I think it isn't that large a change until we start
using Falcon.  What actually happened was that Git fooled me again.  I had
a few minutes to fix the mobile tests, updated jenkins.sh and this stuff
got pushed unintentionally, although I had planned to push it soon.  I'll
try to be more careful next time.

-Alex