flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Are we "nerd" driven or "business realistic" driven?
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 04:57:19 GMT

On 7/1/13 10:15 AM, "Avi Kessner" <akessner@gmail.com> wrote:

>Why can't we get rid of those 13k line base classes?
>On 1 Jul 2013 20:03, "Jonathan Campos" <jonbcampos@gmail.com> wrote:
We can, but not without breaking backward compatibility or slower
performance.  In the two attempts I made, you can break UIComponent into
some 20 sub-components but unless you break backward compatibility, many
of those sub-components have to be instantiated during the startup phase
and the extra overhead of calling in and out of the subcomponents slowed
things down.

That's why FlexJS isn't guaranteeing backward compatibility.  We can take
those sub-components and load them on-demand at different times.

-Alex