flex-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Konovalov <oleg...@gmail.com>
Subject Building Spark Datagrid dynamically
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 22:24:08 GMT
Hi,

I am getting data from the database via XML (SOAP Web Service),
and in that case I don't know number of columns or their names.
Need to display them in Spark DataGrid (and allow user to add, edit, delete
rows).

The complication I see here is that in that project there is Parsley +
proprietary corporate
Flex/Java soap framework, so I normally know a Value Object and get a
Vector of rows, converting it into a ResultSet to process.

in Parsley Command:
public function result(event:ResultEvent) {
  var rs:Vector.<Object> = ServiceUtils.extractResultSet(event.result,
ValueObject);
}

But in that case there is no static Value Object.

Is there a way to create dynamic Value Objects?

Can you tell me how can I retrieve Columns (metadata) from XML (length and
Column Names) ?

Please help!

TIA,
--