flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.6 - RC2 *
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:20:51 GMT
The temp folder is create inside the root folder for the install.

You said earlier that you weren't able to download compressed files
and executables... Is that a system wide restriction, or does it apply
only to emails? If you cannot download binaries yourself, then you
cannot expect a program to have the privileges to do so...

What happens if you click on this link:

http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/win/download/3.8/AdobeAIRSDK.zip

Do you get a completed download and are you able to uncompress the
archive manually?

EdB

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Manish Sharma <manish_sharm@hcl.com> wrote:
> I have created a new folder in the c: drive. Previously it was Aborted after half of
the installation but gaain when I tried It about at the very first second.

> I have created new folder each and every time for the installation. Is there any other
place where the Temporaries are created? Or it's the same %temp%?

to? It looks like the Installer aborts because it doesn't have enough privileges to create
the directory programmatically.

> EdB
>

> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Manish Sharma <manish_sharm@hcl.com> wrote:
>> Again got an Installation abort after cleaning the %temp%.
>>

>> Version 2.6.0 (windows)
>> Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
>> AIR version 3.8
>> Flash Player version 11.8
>> Creating Apache Flex home
>> Creating temporary directory
>> Unable to create temporary directory
>> Unable to clean up temporary installation directories Installation
>> aborted
>>
>> Regards,
>> Manish

or HCL or its affiliates.
>> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of
>> the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of
>> HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
>> copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht