flex-dev mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject [REQUEST] A tutorial on how to fix bugs for the Flex SDK
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 18:08:57 GMT
I would like to compile a comprehensive tutorial on how to fix, test and
submit patches to the Flex SDK.  I feel that some important pieces re
missing for more users to contribute to the SDK.  Here are a few things we
may want to concentrate on:

a) Get latest code.  Does [1] have the most current information?
b) Set up development environment (With at least FB. IntelliJ would be a
bonus)
c) Walk through an 'easyfix' bug from JIRA and fix it
d) Test the changes.  Checkintests, Mustella, Alex's patch server, etc.
e) Generate a patch file and submit

Justin, Mark, Erik, Alex, etc. who have been regularly fixing bugs, can you
please take some of these up and help me compile/edit the tutorial?

Thanks,
Om

[1] http://flex.apache.org/dev-sourcecode.html