flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [Marketing] - publicity for the new Apache Flex v 4.10
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 03:28:46 GMT
HI,

> I received a reply from the Apache VP of Publicity about distributing this as a press
release on the Apache news wire. Unfortunately, distribution on the news wire service is not
possible because it is not a major release (e.g. version N.0 or equivalent). Apache doesn't
issue a press releases for incremental versions.

Perhaps replay back and say it certainly could be considered a major release and previous
release was more than 6 months ago? Anyone think otherwise? We did have announcements for
4.8 and 4.9 so I guess the policy must of changed?

> She also suggested sending this to announce@apache.org in plain text
It probably a bit long for that if you look at other announcements to that list, see the other
thread for what I'm suggesting to post there.

We could certainly put it up here on our blog http://blogs.apache.org/flex/

Thanks,
Justin