flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Swiz Donation: Next Steps (was Re: [VOTE][RESULTS] Oprtional MVC/IOC Frameworks Donation: Swiz Framework Donation)
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 16:31:40 GMT
>We could not in good conscience accept a donation without written, clear intentions from
the author. I suspect it will require a software grant and the author will need to go through
some legal paperwork to assent >that he has ownership of the code and is willing to donate
it to the ASF.

>I need to get more familiar with the details of what is required for the ASF to accept
software donations, but it's a complicated subject and time is short. I do know that we want
to be very sure we have all the details >in order so we can be confident in saying that
we have the right to continue to produce the software.

I can verify this from my experience with FlexUnit. It's a multistep process. This is what
Bertrand provided me a while back and it's the starting point Chris must likely follow:

http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html
http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt

Mike