flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: checkin tests filing on Linux
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 21:30:13 GMT

On 6/4/13 2:20 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> In your non-mustella test case, it looks like you are calling toString()
>> on the collection.source instead of collection.toArray().
>
>Well spotted thanks that now works except on Linus. I'm not sure what the
>test is actually trying to test (sort order obviously but it seems an odd
>way to go about its) and why the en_us locale is used  - any ideas?
I think lots of tests assumed en_US.  We were only running them in the US
and India where we could dictate what was on the machines.

I think the test is taking a bare low-level Flash array and sorting it,
then taking an ArrayCollection and applying a sort to it, and the order in
both should match. We're doing that in other sort tests since we moved to
Apache because we can't know how the computer will sort things. For
example, it turned out the "correct" order changed between OSX10.6 and
OSX10.7 due to some decision by some international body.

So, I would assume the Array.sort() is correct unless maybe the Linux
player is returning null for the globalization classes.  Then the question
is why ArrayCollection is coming up with something else.  I don't recall
off-hand whether ArrayCollection is supposed to just pass that sort on to
Array.sort or not.  You might want to walk it through on the Mac and then
see if Linux takes a different code path.

-Alex