flex-dev mailing list archives

From jude <flexcapaci...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding support for CSS background and borders
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:18:06 GMT
In HTML and CSS you can specify the background and border on any container
and I think on any control. So for a button or div you can do this:

<input style="background:#ffffff url('img_tree.png') no-repeat right
top;border:border:5px solid red;border-right-style:none;"

You can also point the background to an SVG file with url("button-up.svg").

In my opinion, this is one area where Flex is sorely lacking. Is there a
way to add support for this on every control? I know Border Container was
created as an alternative to Group because of performance reasons. But is
there a way to write it so that if it's not used it won't affect