flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Linux support status?
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2013 13:09:50 GMT
Hi,

> Can you update us on the status of Linux support in the 4.10 release?
> What is left to be done?

See JIRA but basically I think the the bare minimum would be:
- Work out a way to obtain the compiled zip of pixel bender files or host them somewhere.
- Get all the mustella tests to compile. I don't think we can easily get 100% of tests to
pass but if we had a baseline that would be a start.
- Fix some of the mustella path case issues.
- Fix AIR version in config file in installer via build script change.
- Test installer works on linux and fix if needed (it compiles but seem there may be an issue
with the MD5 check?)
- Fix up readme/release notes and web site

With the last 2 releases we've had very public complaints about lack of Linux support.

Thanks,
Justin