flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Swiz Framework Donation to Apache Flex
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 02:54:51 GMT

> What steps are required from the author to make the donation?
Having them mailing the mailing list would probably be enough. A vote would also need to be
taken but I don't see any major reason why we would allow one framework and not the other.

> Parsley3/Spicelib3 are release under Apache License 2.0.
Do we know if it been under Apache 2.0 from day 1? And if all contributions made to it have
been under that license? Does it use any 3rd party software/libraries and if so what are they
licences are they under? I don't think there any issues here but just checking.

I thing at a minimum we would also have someone who was willing to check all license headers
on files (ie run rat), make sure it builds correctly in an apache environment and perhaps
someone working with INFRA to transfer the existing JIRA issues.

IMO It would also be good if someone (committer or otherwise) was willing to make an initial
release, do some maintenance on it, answer user questions on the list etc etc

View raw message