flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: Ide scripts working on windows
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 16:14:32 GMT

   Windows does have cscript.exe[1] / wscript.exe which allows more control than batch files.
 CScript stays in a console window, while wscript produces a Windows popup.  They use JScript
and VBScript.  It can also interface with WMI [2] if needed.  WMI Reference [3], VBScript
language reference [4].

A couple of references [5][6] show two very different ways to download files.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Script_Host
[2] http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee692772.aspx
[3] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa394572(v=vs.85).aspx
[4] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d1wf56tt(v=vs.84).aspx

[5] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2973136/download-a-file-with-vbs
[6] http://www.robvanderwoude.com/vbstech_internet_download.php

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:11 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ide scripts working on windows

IIRC, any .sh that does a download won't work on Windows as .bat doesn't
have such a command.  The .bat versions requires some library like visual
basic which was considered too painful a requirement and thus we wrote the

It might be better to make the installer also a "configurator" or write a
separate "configurator"?

On 6/20/13 4:23 AM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Anyone on windows want to have a try at converting the OSX .sh script to
>.bat scripts? Would be a nice to have for the release.
>The scripts are:
>addAIRtoSDK.sh - Add AIR SDK to Flex SDK
>checkAllPlayerGlobals.sh - download and check (via MD5 hashes) all
>version of playerglobal.swc
>setFlashPlayerVersion.sh - changes Flash Player version for Flex SDK
>They would help a lot with testing and with people wanting to use
>different versions of AIR/FP.

View raw message