flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Mustella data grid test failing
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 06:56:49 GMT
Hi,

> Looks like you've found a way to detect that someone set sort=null without
> calling refresh, which is good, but it seems like the ListCollectionView
> is in an unsupported state at this point.
I think the state is OK, and IMO you should be able to continue to add or remove items before
calling refresh.

One niggle is perhaps when a item is added and would of been filtered via the old filter it
shouldn't be added to the internal index. But I can't think of anywhere where this may cause
a real issue and a call to refresh should fix it. I'll add a few tests to check this.

> I'm just worried that there are other errors waiting to be found when in this state.
Is possible I guess, but this does fix a number of  existing bugs, including where the current
code would RTE. And may of fixed some some of the duplicate issues I think.

I still need to run (and create) a few more tests to be 100% sure. 27 new tests pass, 4 of
those were failing in 4.9.1/4.10.

Thanks,
Justin