flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: FlexUnit
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 03:41:37 GMT
I think that will be sufficient.  For the record it is my understanding
that license and copyright are two different things.  The software grant
gives permission to re-license but actually, you still retain copyright.
If your copyright notice is in the files, Apache wants to move them to the
NOTICE file per the Apache License text, and that requires explicit
permission of the copyright holder.

On 5/16/13 6:50 PM, "labriola@digitalprimates.net"
<labriola@digitalprimates.net> wrote:

>If this positing is insufficient then I am glad to issue an email or do
>what you need. FlexUnit is already MIT and the software grant has been
>filed and accepted, so I think you can actually do whatever you like
>without any input from me at this point, however, to be explicit,
>FlexUnit is free to be re-licensed as Apache 2.0 or whatever license is
>acceptable for this project.
>I give my full permission to change any source or license headers of any
>part of the project that is currently available as source. As noted there
>are several open source binaries which are not owned by myself or this
>project and should be removed.

View raw message