flex-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ent <p...@adobe.com>
Subject FlexJS Confusion
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 14:38:56 GMT
I'm trying to programmatically create a RadioButton to test and create a jQuery version. My
ActionScript code works well:

public function createNewRadioButton() : void

var rb:RadioButton = new RadioButton();

rb.text = "New Radio";

rb.groupName = "group1";

rb.x = radioXpos;

rb.y = 290;

rb.value = radioXpos;

radioXpos += 100;

However, after compiling with Falcon JX and running the Javascript version, this code causes
the browser to complain "TypeError: rb.initModel is not a function". I guess I'm confused
about how to bring the model from ActionScript over to Javascript. Since normal HTML <input
type="radio"> elements do not require group management (on our part), I didn't need anything
like that when I created the HTML RadioButton, but even without thinking about jQuery, programmatically
creating a RadioButton requires - I think - using rb.initModel().