flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: Making an new Apache Flex release
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 14:56:48 GMT
If I run:

ant main
ant source-package
ant rat-check

I get a rat.report with 5 unapproved licenses:

But these seem to be binaries (.swf) and empty files (.ser), so how
(and why) do I add license header to these?

What am I doing wrong/not understanding?

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:
> Never one to shy away from a daunting task, I've taken on the 'missing
> headers' issue...
> I can run 'ant release' successfully (after fixing the JavaCC URL) and
> get a nice 'rat.report'. I've fixed the headers in the
> 'experimental/bundles' property files that ant reports.
> Running 'ant release' takes 32 min. on my machine. Is there a
> 'shortcut' so I can refresh the source packages etc. and run 'ant
> rat-check' directly to get a fresh report?
> EdB
> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 5:58 AM, Justin Mclean <justinmclean@mac.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Develop and trunk are drifting further apart and we have a fair number of bug fixes,
support for newer version of AIR and FP, some new experimental components, so probably about
time we started thinking about a release. The longer we leave it the harder it will be to
make a release. So who can help me out here?
>> There a few things that need to be fixed up before we can make a release. Can anyone
put up their hand to try and fix these?
>> - Get Jenkin/CI back up and working with Git - not essential but give up some confidence
that things are still working.
>> - Fix build issues re TLF and move to Git
>> - Look into issue with list selection tesst failing (selection colour difference
in bitmaps)
>> - Fix a few missing headers (dead simple!)
>> - Does anyone know what state the components in the experimental project are? I have
no idea if any of these are in a releasable state or not.
>> - Make sure all mustella test run on OS, windows and mobile (now that mobile tests
work) with flash player 11.1 and 11.7 and AIR 3.7
>> - What state are the mustella AIR tests in?
>> - Add linux as an officially supported platform for this release.
>> Is there anything else we would like to see in a release?
>> Do we have any committers or non committers with Linux experience who would like
to see this happen? There's is probably only a small amount of work required to officially
supporting Linux.
>> There are also a number of critical and major JIRA issues that have been raised over
the last few months (including some of the issues above) that it would be nice to try and
fix before a release.
>> Here's the blocker and critical ones (12 issues):
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12323979
>> And those plus major ones (158 issues):
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12323978
>> Is any existing committer or non committer willing to help out and try and fix one
or two of the above bugs? Almost all of this issues are unassigned.
>> Thanks,
>> Justin
> --
> Ix Multimedia Software