flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: [Dicuss] Github stats and lack of visibility by working not working in trunk/master
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 07:43:09 GMT
This almost makes me want to start another "don't you love git" thread :-P

The whole idea of the git-move was to make it easier for new
contributors to come aboard the project, so from that perspective it
does make sense to accomodate the GitHub workflow as much as
possible...

EdB

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anyway to change the stats on these pages:
> https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/graphs
>
> So that they work off develop not trunk.
>
> (And for the other repos as well.)
>
> It's sort of giving the wrong idea (in a public way) re activity on the project.
>
> Alternatively what do people think about  moving back to working in trunk and have a
new branch that's the latest released version (which what trunk currently is). This would
cause less confusion to new people on the project as there's been a couple of develop/trunk
issues in the past and it's come up a few times on twitter I've seen.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht