flex-dev mailing list archives

From Cosma Colanicchia <cosma...@gmail.com>
Subject [OT] Set default prefix for a custom MXML namespace in Flash Builder 4.7?
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 11:09:13 GMT
I have a SWC library declaring a custom namespace, when I use it I'd like
to have FB suggest a custom prefix declaration in MXML.

Currently, FB is able to provide the default "s", "fx" and "mx" prefixes
automatically, any other is declared as "ns", "ns1" and so on.

In previous version there was an undocumented way using a design.xml to set
a default in the swc library itself, but was probably part of the design
view feature and doesn't work anymore in FB 4.7 (see [1] for details).

Documentation of FB 4.7 [2] about the file template customization describes
an ${xmlns} token (for new MXML components) that should be gather info from
some namespace preferences, but I can't find any such preferences settings.

I also found that the only place in Flash Builder folders with references
these prefixes settings in clear text is the plugin.xml file of
the com.adobe.flexide.mxml.core_4.7.0.349722 plugin , in the
"com.adobe.flexbuilder.codemodel.mxmlNamespaceRegistry" extension, I tried
adding additional MXMLNamespace nodes specifiny the prefix and uri, with no
effects (SDK contains the namespaces uri in various XML files, but I found
no traces of the default prefixes).

Anyone had luck? Am I the only one trying to use custom prefix? :)

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6453919/how-can-i-make-flashbuilder-use-a-custom-namespace-prefix/6456120#6456120

[2]
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashbuilder/using/WSe4e4b720da9dedb5344c6f711358acdda1d-7fff.html#WSe4e4b720da9dedb56fd3caca12e6bb494bb-7fee