flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Tigran Najaryan" <tig...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [FalconJX] Using RIATest
Date Sat, 04 May 2013 06:14:17 GMT
Do you expect more than 10 people write RIATest tests? I think that's the
maximum number of Professional licenses my company can donate right now,
probably 5 for Mac and 5 for Windows. If you expect more people to write
tests then I need to find some other way. Of course anyone who already is a
RIATest customer and owns a license will be able to write tests as well.
Note sure if any of our customers are Apache Flex committers though.

BTW, using RIATest does not exclude unit testing in any way. For best
results both unit testing and UI functional testing (when there is a UI)
should be used.

> I guess so.  I still think the same person will want to run the tests
against the
> SDK on the same machine they develop tests for the app they are building.
> It will be possible to have two licenses on a computer?
There is no need to have 2 licenses. Anyone who has a RIATest Professional
edition license will have full ability to both write and run the tests. The
license that allows to develop tests includes the rights to run them as

If everyone on Apache Flex team is OK with this I will go ahead. If there
are other objections please speak now. I need to spend efforts and time to
make this happen. If this is going to be rejected it better happens now.

View raw message