flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Meet 'marmotinni', an ASJS testing framework
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 21:18:24 GMT
>If FlexUnit can test the functioning of an application (i.e. check the value of a label
after it has faked a click on a button, triggering an event handler), then I'm all >for
it. Maybe Mike can chime in on this?

FlexUnit does Unit and Integration tests. Integration allow some of those things (like check
a label after it faked a button click) but it's really intended to test things on a smaller
level. Think a class at a time.

Many moons ago, Alex and I talked over whether we could run mustella style tests on top of
the FlexUnit core runner. Therefore having a unified set of unit, integration and functional
tests. There are some challenges if we were to proceed, namely that mustella actually launches
player (n) times whereas FlexUnit was more about being unit and integration testing, so it
runs within the confines of a single launch presently.

Regarding this, if someone wanted to do the work, I am sure this could be made to work, however,
that would still all be the ActionScript side of things, not the output JavaScript.

Mike