flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Git remote branches
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2013 01:29:32 GMT
>ie :  origin/FLEX-33451 is still a remote branch - should this be removed and if so what
the safest way of doing that?

It can be removed although it won't hurt anything to hang around for a while. I honestly google
the method to remove it most times:

>If it is removed what happens to my local branch?

It won't affect your local branch. That will stay intact and viable.  A branch isn't really
a separate thing in git. All a branch really is at the end of the day is a text file that
contains a unique identifier to the commit from which it started and a couple of text files
describing the tree of the file system. So, those can exist locally or be pushed to the server
but they are pretty much independent.

>Say I still had changes to commit - what then?

Do you mean uncommitted local changes to that branch? If so, commit them :) Remember in git
land you can commit every 30 seconds. I suspect you mean changes to merge in though and honestly
that's fine. You can work on your local branch for as long as you want and then merge in when
ready. If I am missing the point, just ask again

View raw message