flex-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Fritze <marcus.fri...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: How to compile and contribute Flex SDK in IntelliJ 12 with Git?
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2013 22:20:32 GMT
Thanks again for your answer.

To be honest this doesn't makes sense to me and I don't understand this, but I try to figure
it out.

Marcus

Am 08.04.2013 um 00:03 schrieb Frédéric THOMAS <webdoublefx@hotmail.com>:

> Well, I didn't say to use IDEA before the step 6, the more complicated part is the sdk
setup, once done, that's easy, in more those steps are nothing relative to the videos you
can find on internet but it works for me.

> The 1srt part is Apache Flex specifics, the 2nd one is the best way I found.
>
> At the beginning I tried to import the all SDK, it wasn't perfect but it worked, then
I preferred to do it per library, the one I want to work with, actually I did it with the
experimental one but I'm pretty sure I can use the same steps for another one.

>> If you ask me, there should be an easy tutorial for everybody how to build the SDK
(with the common used developer tools IntelliJ and / or eclipse). Sorry, but this isn't working
for me. Any help is appreciated.

> There's not, some manual steps are required for now  and that's nothing to do with any
IDE.
> I started the implementation of an app to automatized those steps, but that's on my spare
time and I do many things, so, it's far to be ready.

> -Fred
>
> -----Message d'origine----- From: Marcus Fritze
> Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2013 11:44 PM
> To: dev@flex.apache.org
> Subject: Re: How to compile and contribute Flex SDK in IntelliJ 12 with Git?
>
> Thanks Frederic for the detailed description.
>
> I tried your tutorial, but this doesn't work for me. It seems there is no easy way to
load the Flex SDK into IntelliJ as a full project (as described in the video for IDEA 11.1
by Nicholas Kwiatkowski) or even import.

> I think the video show a very good tutorial for IDEA 11.1, but it doesn't work for me
with version 12 and git.

> Currently, I stuck in the point "Setup the SDK". :-(
>
> If you ask me, there should be an easy tutorial for everybody how to build the SDK (with
the common used developer tools IntelliJ and / or eclipse). Sorry, but this isn't working
for me. Any help is appreciated.

> Thanks
>
> Marcus
>
> Am 07.04.2013 um 00:21 schrieb Frédéric THOMAS <webdoublefx@hotmail.com>:
>
>> What I would do, from memory and the with the experimental lib:
>>
>> 1- First of all clone the sdk as describe in the git wiki, the source root will be
<SourceSDK>

>> Setup the SDK (if you want to use the 4.9.1 as base, use the installer and go directly
to the point 6, <copiedSDK> will the path of the 4.9.1):

>> 2- build the sdk, look at the readme at the source of the sdk tree, follow the instructions,
TLF included.
>> 3- checkout a new branch,  then build a release on.
>> 4- make the IDE sdk running sdk/ide/flashbuilder/makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.sh
>> 5- Copy this new sdk where you want, personally, I copy it under the SDKs of my FlashBuilder
installation path, that will be the <copiedSDK>.

>> Setup the lib you want to modify:
>>
>> 6- Open IDEA, import the experimental project from the sources: <SourceSDK>/frameworks/projects/experimental
>> 7- it will ask you to choose or create a SDK, create a new one selecting the one
you copied/installed, give it a name (ex: 4.10.0 experimental)
>> 8- open the project settings/SDKs/4.10.0 experimental and remove the experimental
lib from the classpath
>> 9- under module/experimental/dependencies, choose '4.10.0 experimental' as flex/air
sdk
>> 10- under module/experimental/, type experimental.swc as output filename and as output
folder, select <copiedSDK>/frameworks/libs and desktop/library as sdk type.

>> You can now modify the code, build it and test it under flashbuilder or idea creating
a new Flex app project and selecting the <copiedSDK>

>> I hope that helps.
>>
>> -Fred
>>
>> -----Message d'origine----- From: Marcus Fritze
>> Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2013 10:42 PM
>> To: dev@flex.apache.org
>> Subject: How to compile and contribute Flex SDK in IntelliJ 12 with Git?
>>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> ok based on this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5COE3hYqCJk tutorial I tried to checkout
the Git in IntelliJ. But I don't get it.

>> I created a new IntelliJ Project (Java Module) with the name "Apache Flex". Then
I clicked VCS -> Checkout from Version Control -> Git

>> In the new PopUp I used

>> Dir: Apache Flex
>>
>> But I get the error: "The Path /Users/marcus/Documents/IdeaProjects/Apache Flex exists.
Git cannot clone to an existing directory."

>> Of course it exists, this is the empty project I already created. And I want to use
this for the Flex SDK.

>> Ok, how does it work with IntelliJ 12 and Git? Has anybody an up-to-date tutorial.
I would really like to help to fix some bugs in the SDK.