flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Tracking Github Activity
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:22:11 GMT

On 4/29/13 2:04 PM, "Daniel Shahaf" <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:

> Alex Harui wrote on Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 13:48:46 -0700:
>>

>> On 4/29/13 1:11 PM, "Daniel Shahaf" <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
>>
>>> I think there's an "@apache.org return path" filter by default.
>> OK.  Is there any way to change that?
>
> Yes.  Does the PMC want to change it?
Well, the PMC hasn't taken a vote, if that's what you mean.  We are
experimenting with trying to track GitHub activity.  A few folks are trying
to get it to work so the PMC can decide if the tracking is acceptable such
that, from the perspective of a subscriber to commits@, all activity is "in
the open" whether on GitHub or Apache Git.

Is there any way to make a change temporarily w/o PMC vote or do we have to
have a vote first?  As a moderator, I'm ok if you remove the return-path
filter and I have to reject emails for a while.  I'm rejecting emails on the
other lists for Apache Flex already.

BTW, I did notice that, when I send the robot an allow-subscribe, it would
respond back to me and then I would confirm, but there was never a final
"welcome" email, and the email I tried to allow is not listed by the list
command.

Anyway, please let me know if we need a vote.

Thanks,

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team