flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: fdb
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 18:19:11 GMT

On 4/18/13 10:24 AM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 18, 2013, at 8:06 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
>>> I'm also going to need to figure out how to debug Java while debugging Flex
>>> at
>>> the same time҆ :~
>> I would not use the IDEs since you can reproduce the issue with command line
>> FDB.  In theory, there Eclipse projects files are there in Git.  You'll need
>> Eclipse 3.6 minimum, load all of the projects in, fix up errors, etc.
>> Then when you launch a debug config for FDB, you should just be able to run
>> the same steps as if it were off the command line, and if it hangs, pause
>> Java execution and see where it is.  Or is it the player that hangs?
> I really don't know what hangs. I doubt it's the player, because it works if I
> debug directly in Flash Builder.
Is command-line FDB no longer responsive?  Can you quit the player?  That
might help determine what is hung.
> If there's a newer version of fdb waiting to be donated, I may just hold off
> on this until we have it, because there's a good chance this issue is fixed
> already since things work in Flash Builder...
This donation is probably a couple of months away if you can wait that long.
Maybe I can find time to find the code and see how different it is from what
we have.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.