flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: [FalconJX] trying to add support for more MXML properties
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 08:21:03 GMT
In short: compiler.jx (FalconJX) gets it's information from compiler
(Falcon). The AS/MXML source is compiled for use in compiler.jx by the
compiler (duh ;-)) into an AST (Abstract Syntax Table), which becomes
available to use in the JS production in 'MXMLBlockWalker.java ::
visitCompilationUnit (151)' or, when running the tests, 'TestBase.java
:: compile (201)'. This AST consists of 'nodes' that are filtered
through a switch (i.e. MXMLNodeSwitch) that directs the parsing to a
specific 'visitor' for each type. Mostly all the visitor does is pass
the node through to a method that takes care of the actual emitting
(i.e. MXMLEmitter :: emitClass).

You can find the currently 'available' MXML node types in the
'compiler :: org.apache.flex.compiler.tree.mxml' package. The
(incomplete) list FalconJX uses is in 'compiler.jx ::

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM, Tigran Najaryan <tignaj@gmail.com> wrote:
>> From: Erik de Bruin [mailto:erik@ixsoftware.nl]
>> You mean the property is unknown to FalconJX (i.e. isn't handled yet), or
> do
>> you mean a property that isn't part of the "MXML specification"
>> (whatever that may be ;-))?
>> EdB
> Well, I tried property "automationName" which is part of the current public
> Flex MXML specification. I do not know if it is also part of "MXML
> specification" as used by FalconJX.
> I am actually trying to understand where does FalconJX take this
> "specification" from. Quick debugging shows that it tries to look up
> property name in some map however I have not been able to identify where
> does this map come from yet. If anyone know where should I look for it will
> speed me up otherwise I am back to examining the source code and debugging.
> Thanks
> Tigran.

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27