flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: [FalconJX][FlexJS] imports != require?
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 07:38:46 GMT
None of my test cases (and none of my real world code, I think they're
lazy) uses wildcard imports, so I wasn't aware of this. But since they
are a feature of AS, we need to be able to handle them. The compiler
seems to be the proper handler for this, so I'll have a look at how
FalconJS does this and see how we might re-use your solution.

Added to the list.

EdB

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
> Erik,
>
> I haven’t found the code yet, but the FlexJS output seems to be using import statements
as a way of setting up the goog.requires.  The closure compiler subsequently doesn’t like
wild card imports

>     import foo.bar.*;
>
> And I think it will miss same-package class dependencies, unless that is being picked
up somewhere else (and of course, will report unnecessary requires if you haven’t cleaned
up your imports.

> FalconJS built up a list of dependencies as they were discovered by the compiler.  This
seems to be sufficient for the two test cases I’m working with.  Any objections to switching
away from imports to something more like how FalconJS does it?

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht