flex-dev mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVG button with skin states and JS
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 23:43:05 GMT
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 4/10/13 4:11 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On that point, I dont think that the current practices in the HTML5 are
> > necessarily the "best" practices.  A lot of them involve hacks and
> browser
> > specific rules, etc.  If we see an opportunity to avoid those practices
> and
> > bring in practices from the Flex world, we should.
> >
> I expect there will be several sets of components.  I would like the most
> basic Button on HTML5 to be pretty lightweight.  Your plans for SVG support
> sound like a separate view bead to carry around all of that functionality.
> We don't have to decide on a single approach.  We can offer several
> options.

Sounds good.  What would really help me is, if you get a chance, please
take a look at the two approaches:

1.  Using separate skin files and CSS pseudo selectors to switch states:
http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/fxg2svg/buttonskin/flexVhtml5.html

2.  Using one skin file and JS to switch states:
http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/fxg2svg/buttonskinjs/embedButtons.html

Let me know what parts makes sense and what needs re-thinking.

For my next steps, I am thinking of creating a parallel set of html5
controls here:
flex-js/frameorks/js/FlexJS/src/org/apache/flex/html5/skinnedControls/<control>.js
flex-js/frameorks/js/FlexJS/src/org/apache/flex/html5/skinnedControls/skins/<controlSkin>.svg

Does this make sense?

Some basic questions:

1.  Are the controls under the staticControls hand coded, or are they
generated?
2.  If they are generated, can you please point me to the how I can create
a different set of staticControls.

Thanks,
Om