flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] How do we want to handle Whiteboard?
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 23:26:13 GMT

Think we may be missing the point here there's nothing to stop a committer from using github
for their own experiments now, but if that code is eventually donated into the Flex project
it would need to:

1) Any contributors who have a made a large contribution have signed a ICLA and agree to this
code being donated. Just having an ICLA signed may not be enough as it may not been clear
that the intent was to move the code to Apache Flex. So in git hub are all contributors easily
identified and contactable?

2) Development should be in the open and all current committers notified of progress. At the
very least discussion about the code need to take place on the development list (and not elsewhere
ie in github) and all changes/diffs to the code need to mailed to commit mailing list.

Having the whiteboards in git hub would be no different.

View raw message