flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJX][FlexJS] committing?
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 08:07:58 GMT

A little out of the loop here but have been following.

> Alex, personally, I dont mind the additional 6K. I would rather take IE6&7
> support in return for it.
From what I understand there are other benefits other than just IE6+7 support right? IE7 support
may be important to our existing user base ie enterprise?

>  But I agree that we need to keep the file size to a minimum as much as possible.
I agree but given that a single image can be more than 6K, and the JS is most likely cached
(on 2+ visit and ever better if we can host in a central location) is that 6K really such
a technical issue?

If the extra 6k saves me having to debug a single client issue or saves me any time coding
it's worth it IMO.

Perhaps there's another way - it there a way to make it optional?

View raw message