flex-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hastings <paul.hasti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's the easiest way to tell if a character is a letter or not?
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 01:24:06 GMT
On 4/23/2013 2:50 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Believe it or that this does exist in Flash and is use by DateTimeFormatter.

i guess i should read more ;-)

> The issue with this class however is there no way to parse a string into a
> date (the issue here), just format a date object in a nice way, we dealing
> with user input here and they are not all Java programmers :-)

think i'm getting confused between java/cf & AS3. let me see how smart
Date.parse() is.

in java/cf, if you follow the java style masks, yes you can usually parse
datetime strings back into Date. if you allow any mask the developer feels like,
the probability shrinks.

View raw message