flex-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Newman <Capta...@unFocus.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJS] populating the 'id' property at runtime
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 14:39:15 GMT
There are issues with the id of elements in HTML being unique. If they
are not unique, they seem to have a negative affect on screen readers. I
don't know if that would be a reason to disabled that, but it's
something to know.

It's for this reason (and the fact that document.getElementById only
returns one element, not a collection even if there are more than one
elements with the same id) that ASP.NET messes with all of your ids in a
control (which ends up being extremely annoying down stream).

As an alternative to using the browser's native id attribute (in cases
where that might be a problem) you can use a data attribute: <input
data-flex-id="myid">

Kevin N.