flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: New feature test
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:09:12 GMT
Ok I made a few more changes.

- Added a line at top that specifically says this is not required, but only recommended.
It helps to provide discussions for bugs,  complications, or suggestions.

- Added a line in the discussion area that states a vote is not required unless the changes
are being strongly debated.

I'm guess we should make a page that talks about donations as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:38 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: New feature test

On 4/18/13 6:20 PM, "Mark Kessler" <kesslerconsulting@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok so I've an extra blurb for the licenses, although I didn't add the IP
> comments since you already had to sign an agreement that states the IP
> issues when becoming a commiter.
> Added some more random notes for the discussion.  Thinking so far.  New
> feature [poll], modifed existing feature [vote].  Will need more opinions
> here.  Tiny changes probably don't even need to really be addressed, just
> commit them.
It is all commit-then-review.  Doesn't matter how big it is.  No vote is
required for committer contributions unless it is needed to decide an
ongoing discussion where there is clearly no consensus forming.

In Apache Way theory, big things don't get created all of a sudden.
Supposedly, there have been ongoing smaller commits as you build it up in
the whiteboard or one of our other repos, and there has been healthy
discussion all along.

If big things already exist, then that is a donation, and that probably
requires IP clearance and voting.

View raw message