flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: Still confused by git
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 10:01:37 GMT
I still recommend Tortoise Git [1] to all new people running Windows... no command line needed
(thank goodness).  Just need to install MSysGit [2] as a pre-requisite and you're up and running.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/downloads/list?q=net+installer

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Mclean [mailto:justin@classsoftware.com]
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 5:45 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Still confused by git

> There's also been a lot of discussion on when to rebase and when not. I'm not clear on
whether there has been a consensus on that.
I don't believe there is a consensus but that's mostly around how important it is to keep
a "clean" history and with respect to  Frederic obvious knowledge in this area we still need
to come up with a way people new to git can contribute without knowing every intricate details
of obscure options to git commands. In part because not everyone will use the command line.

View raw message