flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Tigran Najaryan" <tig...@gmail.com>
Subject [FalconJX] trying to add support for more MXML properties
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 06:32:22 GMT
I am trying to understand how to make FalconJX compile extra MXML properties
such as automationName.

The current FalconJX compiler throws an exception
java.lang.IllegalAccessError when the MXML file it compiles contains an
unknown property.

Can someone please tell me where does the processing of the properties take
place? Looking at the source code it looks like the compiler uses class
definitions for property parsing (is the processing of MXML properties done
in MXMLComponentNode.processTagSpecificAttribute?).

I have not been able to identify where does the class definition information
come from and how to modify it to include new properties, so I'd appreciate
a few hints.

There is also a need to add appropriate error processing so that the
compiler outputs proper error message when the MXML file contains
unsupported property instead of crashing.

Thanks,
Tigran.