flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Log history
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 06:42:33 GMT
Hi,

> You should always do a "git pull --rebase" before pushing except, AFAIK when you have
a "merged local banch not yet push", from the tests I did on my git lab relative to the info
Desa gave, I can't see an other situation where a "git pull --rebase" rewrite/flattened your
merged commit (and should not), in this particular case, you do a "git pull -ff-only" instead
(Which refuse to merge and exit with a non-zero status unless the current HEAD is already
up-to-date or the merge can be resolved as a fast-forward), in this case, use "git rebase
-p origin/develop" to preserve your "merged branch commit" to be rewrite/flattened, then you
can push.

Sorry that's just too confusing to follow. Can you put that into words that a non git user
would understand?

Justin