flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: [Git/Wiki] please review the proposed workflow and comment
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2013 05:48:33 GMT
>I'd rather see links to the best example elsewhere on the net or short stories as to what
rebase does, or why cutting a branch saved your ass, along with steps to do it and what those
steps are doing.  Git seems >powerful enough that if you don't know what you are doing
you can make a lot of work for yourself or others.

Alex,

Agreed. I think we will get there.

Fred,

As I am digging further into this though, I am coming up with a lot of questions. I am guessing,
based on the fact that I am seeing whiteboards, etc. that committers don't really have their
own forks in our current apache model, but rather everyone is using their own clone of the
same fork. Am I right? Is there a particular reason we went this way?

I am just trying to understand so I can do my best to guide us within the model that has been
created. There could be many viable reasons for this but to me, right now, it's a little strange
for a git project, so I am just trying to grok it all. This would change some of the advice
I gave Alex, for example.

Mike