flex-dev mailing list archives

From !default ...@notdefault.com>
Subject Re: Committers - preparing for Git
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2013 14:17:47 GMT
Is the wiki open to be added to? I havent paid much attention to it. Myself and a few others
have some working knowledge of GIT in an enterprise environment, so perhaps we can shed some
light on the GIT terminology. We've had to give some presentations because we moved our source
control to git and its been quite a process.

Again, is the wiki open? Ill try and tackle this. Im not sure about its current write permissions.

Aj

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 17, 2013, at 9:56 AM, Frédéric THOMAS <webdoublefx@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I just looked at the wiki to figure out how to build falcon, I'll need to install eclipse
:P so, I'll do that tomorrow, today, I guess I won't have time, once built, I'll do the .gitignore.

> The wiki is still empty about git, but look at what Justin wrote [1] (that's command
line), if you're on windows, you can use tortoiseGit or my prefered one smartGit and you'll
just have to clone the flex-sdk and switch branch.

> -Fred
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/a6pa7bage42cceoy
> [2] https://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/wiki/Download
> [3] http://www.syntevo.com/smartgithg/download.html
>
> -----Message d'origine----- From: Michael Schmalle
> Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 2:40 PM
> To: dev@flex.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Committers - preparing for Git
>
> Well, since Erik hasn't done it, I say if your on a roll, just do it.
> I don't like looking at a huge list of files that need to be ignored. :)
>
> BTW;
>
> Is there a thread that says how to properly check out the develop
> branch of the sdk from Git GUI? I don't make a local copy right,
> checkout as tracking branch correct?
>
> I seriously hate this sdk. Way to big..., you wanna talk about
> whiteboards, I'll talk about the sdk.
>
> Mike
>
> Quoting Frédéric THOMAS <webdoublefx@hotmail.com>:
>
>> Actually, I didn't plan to do that but if you or Erik doesn't  dare/want to do it,
just tell me, I'll do it.

>> -Fred
>>
>> -----Message d'origine----- From: Michael Schmalle
>> Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 2:28 PM
>> To: dev@flex.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Committers - preparing for Git
>>
>> Are you planning on getting the .gitignore in the falcon directories
>> or is Erik doing this? I haven't been able to keep up.
>>

>> Mike
>>

>> Quoting Frédéric THOMAS <webdoublefx@hotmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just committed the .gitignore into the flex-sdk repo, I'm  checking how are
flex-utilities and flex-whiteboard (at least  mine) today,  while I'll probably put the same
.gitignore in the  flex-utilities  repo, I advice you guys to do the same with your  personal
repo.

>>> Thinking about the asjs project, you can as well do the same,  you'll have to
add some more exclusions.

>>> @Justin, I really don't know what to write on the wiki about that,   it's like
if we wanted to write something about svnignore, there is  not so much to say, once it is
in the repo, it does what is has to  do, that's it.
>>> If you think about something in particular I should write about it,  tell me
pls because I'm like in front of a white page at the moment.

>>> Thanks,
>>> -Fred
>>>
>>> -----Message d'origine----- From: Justin Mclean
>>> Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 1:28 AM
>>> To: dev@flex.apache.org
>>> Subject: Re: Committers - preparing for Git
>>>
>>> Hi,

that when we'll clone the git repo, we'll already have  it, avoiding bad commits, what do
you think ?