flex-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Git Migration Reset
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 19:21:58 GMT
Not 100% sure because I never did it before but I guess you can do, on your
futur inactive project : <sha> is the first commit you did.

git format-patch -1 <sha>

-----Message d'origine-----
From: Erik de Bruin
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:07 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Git Migration Reset

> If you moved it from SVN to Git - why cant you just checkin your svn
> changes?

Because git has a lot of minor changes in a lot of the same files that
were already changed in SVN. I spent the afternoon yesterday putting
the final touches to my contributions and this morning (before the
excrement hit the ventilator) putting all of that into a whole bunch
of nicely documented commits. If I were to say "f*ck it" and just
overlay all the most recent files over my last SVN copy, I would loose
all of that work.

Also, it's 8 PM over here and I've been at this since 8 AM this
morning. My family is threatening to kick me and my laptop out if I
don't have at least one conherent conversation with them today.

> I meant you are on your own  in the sense that I (or anyone else) cannot
> get into your computer to fix things for you.  Of course I appreciate the

The way I understand it, it should be possible to clone the new repo
INFRA will eventually create to my local machine and make that my
"active project". I can then go into my current (by then "inactive")
project and create patches for each of the commits I prepared there,
and apply those patches to my active git project. Am I missing
something, or does that sound like it should work?

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295