flex-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex SDK Installer - 2.5 release?
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 07:13:57 GMT
I think:

1- I never looked at the badge installer, I never seen it and I even don't
know what is its purpose, I suppose I should give it a look.
2- I'm currently reviewing [1], if you've got thoughts on this, thank you to
tell me before I commit :)
3- I'm already thinking a way for the user to select the FP and AIR version
from the GUI, the only thing that bother me is the way I should update the
flex-config.xml and much more, find a way I wouldn't have to run the all
steps to be able to debug it. Any good tricks will be welcome.
4- If I manage 3, I think at this point we can let the user choose the SDK
version he wants to install.

I'm not sure I'll do 3 and 4 for this release but we never know, anyway,
still good to think it about, except if you veto.

-Fred

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33202

-----Message d'origine-----
From: Om
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 7:57 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Flex SDK Installer - 2.5 release?

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 11:52 PM, Frédéric THOMAS
<webdoublefx@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Om,
>
> Hum..., actualy, I've committed it already, what I did is I added to
> setXmlVariables a line :
>
> APACHE_FLEX_BIN_DISTRO_VERSION = fileName.substr(Constants.SDK_**
> BINARY_FILE_NAME_PREFIX.**length).split("-")[0];
>
> which I then used in the updateWindow function:
>
> this.nativeWindow.title = StringUtil.substitute(_**
> viewResourceConstants.INFO_**WINDOW_TITLE, [APACHE_FLEX_BIN_DISTRO_**
> VERSION]);
>
> Indeed I had to modify INFO_WINDOW_TITLE to make it accept a parameter.
>
> Still good for you ?
>

> -Fred

I still think it would be best if we did the sdk version detection logic in
the common library.  If we start changing the way we name the SDK, we will
have only one place to modify.  Our future selves would thank us for this
:-)

As for displaying the sdk version, could we display it in the same format
as the badge [1] in addition to the window title?  That would make it look
more consistent.  What do you think?

[1] http://flex.apache.org/installer