flex-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [Git] repos open?
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 18:56:44 GMT

From: Gordon Smith
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:22 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: RE: [Git] repos open?

So are we adding a voting option 3.5?

- Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: omuppi1@gmail.com [mailto:omuppi1@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Om
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:46 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Gordon Smith <gosmith@adobe.com> wrote:

> Why can't each developer's whiteboard for flex-sdk be a branch in the
> flex-sdk repo? Is there some reason why dozens of branches are bad?

I believe this is what you mean:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/docs/switching-to-git.html#user-name-spaces-for-branches?
If we want to do this, we can ask Infra to help support this.

> If there is a single whiteboard repo, is it for flex-sdk, flex-falcon,
> or what?

If we go with the branch per user for each repo, we would have more clarity.
But that is not how the whiteboard in SVN was used.

> - Gordon

Thanks,
Om