flex-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: An Eventbus for Apache Flex applications
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 14:04:23 GMT
Hi Sebastian

I never been motivated anymore to build my own multicore MVC framework as
soon as I've seen the one of puremvc back in 2009 IIRC (with the use of
multiton combined with async command or piped events), then, I used the
Parsley approach which I prefered from far as it integrated the IOC pattern
and much more, anyway, you might be inspired by the puremvc one [1] or even
though I never tried it, the robotlegs-signals' one [2].

-Fred

[1] https://github.com/PureMVC/puremvc-as3-multicore-framework/wiki
[2]
http://newtriks.com/2011/08/12/example-as3-modular-application-using-robotlegs-signals/

-----Message d'origine-----
From: Sebastian Mohr
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:52 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: An Eventbus for Apache Flex applications

Hi,

I am just building a mobile Flex application for a client of mine. I
wonder if I could build this Flex application with a custom Eventbus,
but, without the usage of a Microarchitecture (like Mate [1], Robotlegs
[2],
Parsley [3], SpringAS [4] [5] and Swiz [6]).

As you probably already know, I usually build my Flex applications with a
MVC structure and a Microarchitecture in the back. The result of the
application
MVC structure can be openly reviewed and discussed in my LoginExample [7].

Since there are folks on this mailing list claiming that Flex applications
with
a MVC structure can also be build without the usage of a Microarchitecture,
I wonder how these folks deal with the Command [8] and Controller [9]
pattern
in their Flex applications? I would also be curious how they create a
custom
Eventbus, so that thrown events could still be caught inside of Flex
Modules
especially in Mobile projects?

Is there anyone on this mailing list who can give me an advice how to build
a custom Eventbus so that I still can use the Command [8] and Controller
[9]
pattern?

Thank you!

[1] http://mate.asfusion.com/