flex-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.5 RC1
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 19:07:17 GMT
Evertthing on this list [1] has been resolved or found consensus, except
for:

- "Install Log" and "Close" buttons are grey, while they do have a rollover
someone may think they are disabled.

Does someone with better design skill than me could suggest something ?
otherwise I will let it like.

- Can we change "Information about use of this application is being
collected via HTTP requests" to something like "Anonymous/non identifying
information is collected to improve the quality of this installer"

If everybody is ok, I'll choose "This application will ping a server in
order to count the number of times the application is run."

-Fred

[1]
Some possible room for minor (some very minor) improvements:
- By default 11.1 and 11.4 player globals were downloaded, as they are
reasonably small why not download them all?
- "Install Log" and "Close" buttons are grey, while they do have a rollover
someone may think they are disabled.
- "Information about use of this application is being collected via HTTP
requests" sounds rather scary, there no was to opt out and there no
indication to what information is being collected or why it's being
collected. Think we need a link to short paragraph saying what is collected
and why.
- Can we change "Information about use of this application is being
collected via HTTP requests" to something like "Anonymous/non identifying
information is collected to improve the quality of this installer"
- Highlight in language drop down is cut off and doesn't extend to RHS of
drop down.
- "Information about use of this application is being collected via HTTP
requests"  locale missing in Spanish, Greek and Portuguese.
- Locale for "Log" button in Portuguese missing
- Looks like the Greek locale has issues - perhaps text not checked in as
UTF8? Black diamonds with "?" show up in text.