flex-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: git commit: Removed files that do actually need to be edited and commited from time to time
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 08:35:24 GMT
Well, sorry for the irritation you might have feel from my last post,
happily, no files have been checked in by mistake yet.

The point is almost none of us knows Git, even people who voted on and the
decisions taken implying everybody without coordination at this early stage
of the Git learning curve irritated me bit.

Before a decision be taken, I guess we can ask the list if something looks
weird or is not clear, even though the Apache Way is do it, we can go back
later, I think at time it is good to ask before.

Sorry again,
-Fred

-----Message d'origine-----
From: Frédéric THOMAS
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 9:12 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: git commit: Removed files that do actually need to be edited
and commited from time to time

But, sorry, the official release build is not supposed to go into a release
branch ? a personal release into a local release branch ? so, can't you
custom the .gitignore in those branches instead of check in the develop
branch files that shouldn't go in ? otherwise guys, why not check in *.swc,
.zip and my grand mother photo at this point ?

>From once of those branch, you can easily turn back on the develop branch
doing a git statsh -u "my release untracked files" before.

Thanks,
-Fred