flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <gavha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark Tree
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 20:54:58 GMT
My concern was really because selecting "Spark only" in Flash Builder makes those classes unavailable.
I'm not sure how much of an issue that really is. Does that compiler option really make any
difference in app size if you don't use mx components?

I've been spending a LOT of time (like tens of hours) minimizing dependencies in my app. It's
horribly painful… :-(

On Mar 5, 2013, at 7:26 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

> I think you have to pick some goals.  What is the main purpose of a Spark
> Tree?  Is it just to allow for Spark skinning of the control?  Does it have
> to run on mobile (Spark DataGrid is not recommended for mobile either and
> the Adobe version of Spark Tree was going to be based on Spark DataGrid).
>
> If mobile isn't a requirement, then a dependency on ITreeDataDescriptor and
> HierarchicalCollection isn't the end of the world.  I think those classes
> are now in the mx.swc which is in most Flex projects except for mobile.  And
> you can always map the classes in the manifest into the spark namespace (we
> already do that for ArrayList)
>
> You could move some of these classes back into framework.swc so the default
> mobile projects will have the classes, but check to see what else they drag
> in so we know the full set of what we're moving.
>
> I believe the Spark Tree on my blog also used these classes.  I don't recall
> any real need to want to re-write the collection and descriptor APIs.
>
> -Alex
>

> On 3/4/13 11:29 PM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On second blush, it looks like spark-tree has all of the same dependenciesÅ
>>
>> What's the correct way to go about this?
>>
>> On Mar 5, 2013, at 9:11 AM, Harbs wrote:
>>
>>> Okay. I'm looking into this now.
>>>
>>> I've tried Spark-Tree as well as this one.
>>>
>>> Both seem to have dependency on mx.
>>>
>>> Spark-Tree has a dependency on mx.controls.treeClasses.ITreeDataDescriptor2
>>>
>>> alatarus/tree has even more dependencies:
>>> mx.collections.HierarchicalCollectionView;
>>> mx.collections.HierarchicalData;